Heating Preservation 101: Steps to Take Before the Technician Arrives
Trying to Fight the Chills?
Here’s What You Can Do
You already know something’s wrong with your heater and you’ve called 1st Choice for help. But what can you do in the meantime to preserve heat and prevent your once cozy home from becoming an igloo?
Providing furnace repair in Holmdel, NJ, and the surrounding area, 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help. While you wait for one of our technicians to reach your house, there are plenty of things you can do to stay warm in your Jersey Shore home.
Code Red Comfort
In the event of an emergency, here’s what you can do to hold on to your heat:
- Seal your home. Block any drafts with duct tape or cloth to protect your home from the cold air.
- Close all the curtains. Allow just a bit of sunlight to come through to keep your home warmer.
- Shut all doors to unused rooms. Keep the heat where it’s needed most…close to you!
- Layer up. If your home starts to feel chilly, put on some extra clothing until your technician arrives.
- Cook or make hot drinks. Whip up a quick cup of tea, coffee or hot cocoa to stay warm. Or you can cook and use your appliances as a makeshift heat source.
- Exercise. There’s no better way to warm up faster than by taking a quick jog! It may be cold outside, but almost anything is better than sitting in a chilly house!
- Protect your pipes. Open all the cupboards along pipelines to prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Turn on all lights. This might not be the first idea that comes to mind, but it’s another effective way to provide additional heat.
Our 24/7 Emergency Service Ensures a Speedy Arrival!
We know what it means to lose heat in the middle of winter. Even more, we know that Jersey Shore homeowners worry about having limited resources during the off season. After all, the area is much more desolate in the winter. That’s why 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning offers year-round, 24/7 emergency heating services. We are here for you around the clock to keep your home safe and comfortable this winter. If your heater shuts down unexpectedly, we’ll be there in no time to fix the problem—guaranteed!
Meeting All of Your Heating Needs as the Jersey Shore’s Full-Service HVAC Provider
No matter what type of system you own, 1st Choice is here for you! Our NATE-certified technicians are familiar with all leading brands of heating systems, such as:
- American Standard
- …And much more!
Stay Warm This Winter With 1st Choice
When temperatures reach an annual low, few things are more important than reliable heat. At 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re here to make sure you always have it.
See why homeowners continue to choose 1st Choice above other HVAC companies in Howell, NJ, by learning more about us.
To schedule your emergency heating repair with our home comfort experts, fill out our online form or call 1st Choice at 732.201.3840 today.