Three Simple Ways to Save Money on Your Next HVAC Service
Recommendation #1: Make a commitment to get your HVAC equipment serviced. The longer you wait, the sooner it will wear out. Seriously consider a maintenance contract. Regular HVAC service will extend the life of your equipment and help maintain its efficiency.
Recommendation #2: Do something about indoor air pollution. Maintain good quality air in your home. This begins by regularly changing your filter. Next, purchase an AccuClean air cleaner or a high efficiency media filter, have your ducts cleaned and sanitized, and install a heat recovery ventilator. The latter will allow you to bring fresh air into your house without wasting the energy you use to heat and cool your air.
Recommendation #3: Ask questions. The way you learn about a heating and cooling company is by asking specific questions and listening carefully to the answers. Here are the questions we suggest you ask:
- Are you licensed?
- Are you certified to recover air conditioning refrigerant?
- Can you give me five references from recent customers?
- Do you offer financing or take credit cards?
- What training have you had in the last year?
- Are you a member of any trade associations, and if so, which ones?
- Can you be reached in an emergency?